Rejuvenation is defined as the action of making someone or something look or feel better, younger or more vital. Skin rejuvenation, thus, is the name given to any procedure to restore freshness to the skin, make it look younger and better. During our youth and early adulthood, the skin is elastic enough to be revitalized with home-based treatments such a spa day, facial masks and so on. The stresses of the modern life and pollution play a role in wrinkles and uneven skin appearing earlier than in previous generations. These days, people are more aware of their selves and want younger looking skin even as they grow older. And there are several non-surgical methods available now to achieve that, returning self-confidence and cosmetic perfection to clients. From supermodels to librarians, men and women, ages 30 to 65, anyone can achieve their ideal look and feel refreshed by a skin rejuvenation procedure. These treatments usually focus on the face and hands, and other parts of the body visible in our daily interactions with others.
Treatment option: Cutera Laser Genesis
Laser skin revitalization technique is ideally suited for on-the-go individuals who don’t have enough time for lengthy procedures and varying results. The Cutera Laser Genesis system is proven to provide excellent skin rejuvenation and reduces the effects of UV damage, wrinkles and age spots, effectively and safely. It also works by making the skin tighter and smoothing, restoring the skin to a more youthful appearance. The Cutera Laser Genesis system also works on a deeper level, tightening existing collagen and prompting the production of new collagen.
Treatment option: other methods
Other methods of skin rejuvenation range from:
- Microdermabrasion, which works by sanding away the surface of the skin, and usually requires 5 to 10 sessions before a result can be seen.
- Vampire Facials, in which a technician applies the patient’s own blood to their face to promote cell renewal.
- Chemical Peels, which work by removing outer layers of skin using a chemical solution, revealing a more youthful, smoother complexion.
- Botox injections, to address sagging skin and making it tighter
- Eating certain foods high in antioxidants such as blueberries, pomegranates and more can prevent skin aging. Sunscreen and managing stress also play a similar role in delaying signs of aging.
Number of visits, and how long each visit on average for laser treatment?
An average visit for laser skin rejuvenation can last anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours, for the face alone. The number of visits ranges from two to four or more, depending upon the state of skin at the start of the treatment.
Side Effects laser treatment
The most usual side effects related to laser treatment include swelling and redness for a few hours. Using ice packs can reduce the swelling and moisturizers are used for soothing effects.
Recovery Time laser treatment
Recovery time after laser skin rejuvenation ranges from a few days to a week. Sunscreen application, avoiding direct sunlight and use of moisturizers are very important in quick healing and better results.